Boboro's 2013 grow log.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boboro

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2011
Messages
4,530
Points
83
Location
Wren Mississippi
The mulch does thuch but it starts before I mulch. I till some in but in tne gardens that I dont I still have a problem
 

workhorse_01

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2012
Messages
1,959
Points
0
Location
Waycross,Ga.
Do you think it's a virus or disease? That seems to be a lot of loss for you. Have you checked your soil with the county extension agent? They're there for you to use and his or her advice is free. The soil test here is $15 but they will take the time to help you it's they're job.
The mulch does thuch but it starts before I mulch. I till some in but in tne gardens that I dont I still have a problem
 

Boboro

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2011
Messages
4,530
Points
83
Location
Wren Mississippi
I had the soil checked years ago I need to do it agin. I do have some sort of virus but I can Replant in the same hole an that plant not get it.
 

Brown Thumb

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 4, 2012
Messages
4,060
Points
113
Location
Pa
How are you tying your plants up
I am looking for a easy way
Thanks
 

Boboro

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2011
Messages
4,530
Points
83
Location
Wren Mississippi
Just t post and fence wire. Tye the plants with rope made from t shirts. If you get one that is rotton it will tear into one long rope. I dont like string it does to much damage.
 

Knucklehead

Moderator
Founding Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2012
Messages
12,777
Points
113
Location
NE Alabama
I haven't seen the big patch before. You went ,,,,, BIGGER, ,,,,, BADDER ,,,,, and BETTER. Chicken is a bad influence ,,,,, on both of us. lol
 

johnlee1933

Moderator
Founding Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2011
Messages
3,970
Points
0
Location
Near Danbury, CT
Just t post and fence wire. Tye the plants with rope made from t shirts. If you get one that is rotton it will tear into one long rope. I dont like string it does to much damage.
I think string damage is about how you tie it not the string. I use string -- no damage. My commercial friend uses string on 60 acres of plants (~500,000)

HOW TO: You must have a wire or other support above the plants. Make a loose loop around the base (stalk) of the plant. The loop is loose so you don't strangle the plant as it grows and the stalk gets fatter. Run the string vertical to the supporting wire and tie it off so the string is snug but not tight. Wrap the string around the stalk like a spiral staircase. This is easy cause you don't move the string you move the plants. As the plant grows continue the process. If the plant gets taller than your support wire, OH Well. At that point support stops but the plant is fully developed and strong. The detail does show in my 2012 log but it is not really clear. My support wire is about 7' above the ground. I only wrap the string up about 4/5 feet. After that the plant is on it's own and does just fine.
 

Boboro

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2011
Messages
4,530
Points
83
Location
Wren Mississippi
They are doin good in places and fair in others. Ive lost 2 big plants to the virus. Im pullin them at 1st. site of damage.leaves 003.JPG leaves 004.JPG
 

Boboro

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2011
Messages
4,530
Points
83
Location
Wren Mississippi
Thank yall, I didnt take pics. of the scrawny ones. We have had good rains 1/2" to 1/4" every few days. They realy like that.
 

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2011
Messages
4,631
Points
83
Location
FLORIDA
mine are still so small.

i learned a lesson this year on starting late,
 

Boboro

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2011
Messages
4,530
Points
83
Location
Wren Mississippi
Me To, But when the garden looks like a mud bogg and its cold what the hell can you do. the farmers market are havein a hard time round here. It ant just us its been a tuff spring for all most all of us
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top