Boboro's 2013 grow log.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonH

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2012
Messages
1,609
Points
0
Location
Massachusetts
Is that young speak for "Takin' names and kickin' a**?
I don't know if that's young people slang anymore. I was trying to think of where I'd heard that phrase. Luckily I was weeding and picking suckers today so I had a lot of time to think.

It's from an old school hip hop song from the late eighties, "Goin' Back to Cali"
by LL Cool J, so it's almost 25 years old:

Goin' back to Cali, stylin', profilin'
Growlin' and smilin', while in the sun
The top is down, on the black Corvette
And it's fly, 'cause it's sittin' on Dayton's
 

johnlee1933

Moderator
Founding Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2011
Messages
3,970
Points
0
Location
Near Danbury, CT
I don't know if that's young people slang anymore. I was trying to think of where I'd heard that phrase. Luckily I was weeding and picking suckers today so I had a lot of time to think.

It's from an old school hip hop song from the late eighties, "Goin' Back to Cali"
by LL Cool J, so it's almost 25 years old:
OK Cool Thanks. I stopped being a DJ in the 60's so know nothing of that era.
 

DonH

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2012
Messages
1,609
Points
0
Location
Massachusetts
OK Cool Thanks. I stopped being a DJ in the 60's so know nothing of that era.
Wow, you seem to have done a lot of things. How late into the 60s did you DJ?

My 12 year old daughter and I like to listen to 60s on 6 on Sirius XM.
 

Boboro

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2011
Messages
4,530
Points
83
Location
Wren Mississippi
The cracks in the ground got so big I though the plants was gonna fall in so i turned the hose on em.gokarts and plants 008.JPGgokarts and plants 010.JPGgokarts and plants 012.JPGgokarts and plants 011.JPG My toys. I broke all of em but the tiller. It ant that much fun to breakgokarts and plants 007.JPG
 

Boboro

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2011
Messages
4,530
Points
83
Location
Wren Mississippi
They makeem for kids. No weldin can keepem strate. Its odd that yall so wet and its very dry here. 150 miles at most. Im not doin as good as last year. I had leaf runnin out my ears. Its just a tuff year. the spring was a mess. We'll all know more next year than we did this year.
 

Boboro

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2011
Messages
4,530
Points
83
Location
Wren Mississippi
Im gonna spend the day in the gardens. Mostly pullin grass and mulchin. Maybe takle the corn patch. And prime a strang of leif.
 

workhorse_01

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2012
Messages
1,959
Points
0
Location
Waycross,Ga.
I hope it's just enough and not what I got! Yesterday I had to line the floor of the horse stall with 4mil visqueen and wood chips. I was worried about her standing in mud for 10 days straight and her hooves getting soft. It don't take much to make em lame.
 

Boboro

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2011
Messages
4,530
Points
83
Location
Wren Mississippi
We gettin a niceshower now. Didnt pull no grass just put news paper on it and covered it wiyh leaves.
 

Boboro

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2011
Messages
4,530
Points
83
Location
Wren Mississippi
Thanks, Havent got to spend as much time as I would like to on it. Hopein for a dry fall for curein.
 

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2011
Messages
4,631
Points
83
Location
FLORIDA
thats a nice tiller, ive had a troy bilt, like that one,

this year i used a 60's era. tines in the front type tiller,

i like the old school ones better, you can hold them still and just let them dig,dig,dig,

i'll hopefully be getting me a tiller this winter, im gonna try an d get a old school one,..
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top