Boboro's 2013 grow log.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boboro

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2011
Messages
4,530
Points
83
Location
Wren Mississippi
How long did you say that it takes the midrib to dry, and the temp.
Sorry to ask, i'm sure you posted it.
The leaf in the pic. was in for 5 days @ 120 to 130deg. F. It still had wet ribs at the bottom of the cage. It has a whole lot to do with how wet it is when goin in. I think Im gonna put a small wood heater in the curein shed next year if I can find one that afordable.
 

Boboro

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2011
Messages
4,530
Points
83
Location
Wren Mississippi
The frount sucker crop.Friday 008.JPG The grass gardenFriday 007.JPG The horazonal growFriday 011.JPGBanna leaf ??.Friday 009.JPG I will get a lot in the top shed today if it dount rain. Im hangin lettin them wilt and then rehangin titely spaced. I think I canget em all in the top shed but I dont know know about the sucker crop.
 

spencerpearson

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2013
Messages
97
Points
0
Location
mississippi
I got seeds started in the pie pan. Think just one inside in a 5 gallon bucket will be ok. Not logging it due to just testing to get ready for spring.
 

Boboro

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2011
Messages
4,530
Points
83
Location
Wren Mississippi
Or a 1 gal. bucket. Its not going to get very big inside.It may get a little top heavy but you can keep more plants.
 

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
May 25, 2011
Messages
26,547
Points
113
Location
near Blacksburg, VA
Tobacco will limit its size to the size of the pot (3" or 5 gallon). If you can keep it in a sunny spot through the winter, you can snip off all but about 1" of the stalk in the spring, and transplant it to the ground.

Bob
 

Boboro

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2011
Messages
4,530
Points
83
Location
Wren Mississippi
Did you get good germination? I have picked mators in Dec. here but mid Nov. is more realalistic.I lite frost is ok But 2 or 3 hrs. below 32 deg. F. will make the leaf useless. That goes for hangin leaf that has not cured too.
 

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2011
Messages
4,631
Points
83
Location
FLORIDA
on your idea of using a old wood burner [ potbelly oven's ] is what we call them here,

i think you'd have to have a full size '' old school'' curing barn for one of them to be usefull.????

it will generate too much heat for a small area, like me and you run,

ive spun the idea around in my head, [ i have acess, to a nice potbelly heater ]
 

Boboro

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2011
Messages
4,530
Points
83
Location
Wren Mississippi
Im lookin at a small wood heater, Like you use in a tent. Ill use it to dry the air out. I may try to speed up yellowin and stem dryin.
 

Knucklehead

Moderator
Founding Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2012
Messages
12,777
Points
113
Location
NE Alabama
Im lookin at a small wood heater, Like you use in a tent. Ill use it to dry the air out. I may try to speed up yellowin and stem dryin.

www.sportsmansguide.com has those heaters every now and then. Some of them are genuine military surplus and some of them are civilian outfitters tent heaters. They come and go, if you're not in a hurry, just watch them every now and then. Also order the free catalogs, especially the military surplus one.

SG was out. I found this one at Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/TMS-STOVE-2346-Portable-Military-Camping/dp/B002XNWC8A

Here's a cheaper one: http://www.amazon.com/Portable-Mili...0964&sr=1-3-catcorr&keywords=tent+wood+heater

Ebay had these: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trk...e&_nkw=military+wood+stove&_sacat=0&_from=R40
 

Knucklehead

Moderator
Founding Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2012
Messages
12,777
Points
113
Location
NE Alabama
Like i say, if you're not in a hurry wait on the military surplus one from Sportsman's Guide. The price is reasonable and it's the real deal. The Gov't probably paid $20,000.00 for it. :)
 

Boboro

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2011
Messages
4,530
Points
83
Location
Wren Mississippi
I'll write down the site. Im gonna buy a cheap heater to warm up the shed. The cheap heaters are goin to be hard to control,But heat is heat and I need some bad.
 

Boboro

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2011
Messages
4,530
Points
83
Location
Wren Mississippi
Ive been busy. Does it make a diffrance?Stalk cut around 20 plants yesterday and they will have to wilt so I can squeeze them together. Its gonna be tite.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top