Boboro's Grow log. [6 Years]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boboro

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2011
Messages
4,530
Points
83
Location
Wren Mississippi
Just 4 this year. Tryin to make my life more simple. An I have pleanty Burly an other stronger backers. I haven't even started smokein the Oriental.
 

bonehead

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2013
Messages
761
Points
0
Location
southington, ct.
some ppl figured out the smokes they like. i hope i figure it out before i am limited. i already am limited but i have more hope than a lotto person has and that is what keeps me ticking. i only grow 4 or 5 varietys for cigs and dabble in light cigars and wrappers. if i did this when i was young i would be??????
 

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2011
Messages
4,631
Points
83
Location
FLORIDA
i gotta agree,,, with all the strains i got going this year... next year i should be down to maybe 7 or less.

hopefully these cigar strains i got going is gonna make some good blending for my ciggs.

and if i dont like them... im sure theres some cigar smokers on here, i can send all that leaf to,
 

Rickey60

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2013
Messages
878
Points
0
Location
SW Mississippi
I got my ground broke up last week, I had to add lime this year. I'm going to plant about 8 types of flue cure and one burley. I like your list of four. Looking forward to following your blog again this year.
 

ArizonaDave

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2014
Messages
2,228
Points
83
Location
Phoenix, AZ (east valley)
So much for global warming, er um, climate change. What's strange is that the desert here has been changing over the last few years. More rain, seasonably warmer winter, and slightly cooler summer. I'm taking advantage of it though. Seeds are sprouted, and even using natural light outside to grow my starters.

Boboro, what do you smoke the most? That could be the best indication of your core grow?
 

ArizonaDave

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2014
Messages
2,228
Points
83
Location
Phoenix, AZ (east valley)
Just 4 this year. Tryin to make my life more simple. An I have pleanty Burly an other stronger backers. I haven't even started smokein the Oriental.

I smoke cigs, an hookah.

Sounds like you're getting closer to your 4 main plants to grow. How about Lonnie's Havana? It seems to be a lighter blend? 3 to go?
 

Boboro

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2011
Messages
4,530
Points
83
Location
Wren Mississippi
I washed the trays an cells yesterday. I think some of my Afid problems were startin there so I used bleach An rinced well. It was a chore.Clean trays 001.JPG Clean trays 002.JPG
 

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2011
Messages
4,631
Points
83
Location
FLORIDA
looks like my tray collection,,,

i have a lot..i'd bet over 100,,,only a couple of styrofoam floating trays....

but i was at a shutdown greenhouse operation.. and the guy give me a huge bundle of plastic trays.
 

Knucklehead

Moderator
Founding Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2012
Messages
12,777
Points
113
Location
NE Alabama
Yup, we get the enjoyable snows down South. Here and gone in a couple of days. I've been out doing bootleggers on the four wheeler. Fun stuff while it's here.
 

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2011
Messages
4,631
Points
83
Location
FLORIDA
ya' ll can keep that stuff....

it dont come where im at '' IT KNOWS BETTER''/
 

Knucklehead

Moderator
Founding Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2012
Messages
12,777
Points
113
Location
NE Alabama
ya' ll can keep that stuff....
it dont come where im at '' IT KNOWS BETTER''/

Everyone in south Florida appreciates Chicken's vigilance. As long as he's here, the whole peninsula is safe.

Chicken has special pheromones that keeps all kinds of stuff away.
attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • fart.gif
    fart.gif
    34.6 KB · Views: 104
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top