Boboro's 2013 grow log.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarG

Founding Member
Joined
Jun 23, 2011
Messages
5,120
Points
113
Location
Texas, Brazos Vally
Your curing shed is realy taking shape, Looking good. Do you have a heavy steel barbque pit you could bring in, for wood burning. They usualy have a top vent that you could vent outside with some metal dryer vent flex hose if you don't want smoke.
 

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2011
Messages
4,631
Points
83
Location
FLORIDA
I'll write down the site. Im gonna buy a cheap heater to warm up the shed. The cheap heaters are goin to be hard to control,But heat is heat and I need some bad.

hit the flea markets and get you a radiator type heater, it being summer you can pick one up cheap right now,
 

Boboro

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2011
Messages
4,530
Points
83
Location
Wren Mississippi
I dont have elc. to the shed and dont like runnin heaters on ex. cords. I dont think I can get enuff heat from a elc. heater and I may have to boil a pan of water to raise RH. Ill just have to give it a try, See if I cant speed things up.
 

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
May 25, 2011
Messages
26,546
Points
113
Location
near Blacksburg, VA
I usually leave two tip leaves on bagged plants. By the time it's at that point in the season, the bud heads are already well formed, and will mature to completion regardless.

Bob
 

DonH

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2012
Messages
1,609
Points
0
Location
Massachusetts
I usually leave two tip leaves on bagged plants. By the time it's at that point in the season, the bud heads are already well formed, and will mature to completion regardless.

Bob
Good to know. I was going to ask that question too. I primed the bottom leaves of my bagged plants but now the upper leaves are definitely ripe on the ones I planted earliest. Some of the pods are brown, most are green, and there are some live flowers, too.
 

Boboro

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2011
Messages
4,530
Points
83
Location
Wren Mississippi
Your curing shed is realy taking shape, Looking good. Do you have a heavy steel barbque pit you could bring in, for wood burning. They usualy have a top vent that you could vent outside with some metal dryer vent flex hose if you don't want smoke.
I did that lat year. Saved some leaf but it wasnt very efficient.
 

BarG

Founding Member
Joined
Jun 23, 2011
Messages
5,120
Points
113
Location
Texas, Brazos Vally
That is a lot area that looks really drafty to use any kind of heating very efficiantly. But your drying shed is improving for your situation constantly. Keep slugging away and youll get there Boboro. Dig a fire pit on one end covered with tin and a duct running the length of your shed to end with a flue flap on other end. In my shop I have a small wood burning stove at one end and the flue runs up then across the length of the shop and up and out at the other end. It works. for yours it wont maintain heat but it may keep humidity down.
 

Boboro

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2011
Messages
4,530
Points
83
Location
Wren Mississippi
I bought the tent heater. $57. Almost half of that was shippin. Ill have to get exuast pipe to run the smoke outside. It should get the plastic shed hot but wount be able to keep it hot.
 

johnlee1933

Moderator
Founding Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2011
Messages
3,970
Points
0
Location
Near Danbury, CT
I bought the tent heater. $57. Almost half of that was shippin. Ill have to get exuast pipe to run the smoke outside. It should get the plastic shed hot but wount be able to keep it hot.
Run the smoke pipe carefully. It'd be a shame to see your leaf go up in smoke ​by accident.
 

Boboro

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2011
Messages
4,530
Points
83
Location
Wren Mississippi
Ill be keepin a close eye on the dammed contraption. Im pullin dry leaf off the top of the stalk cure.
 

Rickey60

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2013
Messages
878
Points
0
Location
SW Mississippi
What do you do with it after you pull the dry off? Do you store it to age? That picture sure looks good, I can almost smell it.
 

Boboro

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2011
Messages
4,530
Points
83
Location
Wren Mississippi
I put it in a dry kiln to make sure the mid rib is dry. Bring it up to case and pack it in boxes and dry again.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top