Boboro's 2013 grow log.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarG

Founding Member
Joined
Jun 23, 2011
Messages
5,120
Points
113
Location
Texas, Brazos Vally
I will stalk cure them all from an empty hanging rack.:cool: I have 2 tiers worth of bursa put up and working on my early stalks now, about 19 -20 lbs. so far between bursa, ottoman and samsun. I will be lucky to make a whole lb. from the samsun but it sure is tasty.
 

Boboro

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2011
Messages
4,530
Points
83
Location
Wren Mississippi
I was gonna kick back smoke the hookha pipe and do a little research, but instead I have to go in the wet as patch and steak up plants. I love this hobby!
 

workhorse_01

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2012
Messages
1,959
Points
0
Location
Waycross,Ga.
Keep it up Bobro! Man you'll be set for the whole year. That crop you have is exellent. Now to finish as hard as you started, and keep taking pics of that barn full.
 

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2011
Messages
4,631
Points
83
Location
FLORIDA
you should have done some '' before storm prepping ''

but im one to talk,,, i got a shitload of stakes, but noticed today, some plants that coud use some support.
 

Boboro

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2011
Messages
4,530
Points
83
Location
Wren Mississippi
Growin stuff ant for everybody.sometimes I get piss off but tomorrow Ill get out thir agin. Its what I do to keep from watchen tv.
 

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
May 25, 2011
Messages
26,548
Points
113
Location
near Blacksburg, VA
My approach to staking is to wait for blowdowns. Over a number of years, I've had only 2 plants snap off, so they couldn't be propped back up, and those were mature enough to just go ahead and hang in the shed.

The most plants that I've ever had to stake is less than 20. Compared to 240+ stakes that it would require to stake them all in advance, it's a no-brainer for me.

Bob
 

marksctm

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2012
Messages
451
Points
0
Location
South West Ohio
Thanks Bob. Now I don't feel so bad about not being proactive with mine.
I wait until a blow over too.

Lot of the time you can hold the plant straight, then push down in the dirt with your foot, at the base of the stalk on the side it fell, and push in the opposite direction it blew, pushing more in the dirt, than the stalk, and that's enough.
 

Boboro

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2011
Messages
4,530
Points
83
Location
Wren Mississippi
I tie some up before they blow down. In the places with no wind block. If they ant flat on the ground I just letem grow crucked. The down side is thet take more room in the shed.
 

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2011
Messages
4,631
Points
83
Location
FLORIDA
i guess im lucky to have 40' cedar trees, around this property for a good wind-block,
 

Boboro

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2011
Messages
4,530
Points
83
Location
Wren Mississippi
I finished steakin up the plants right before The Deluge. 2 1/2" in 2 hours. I got a lot more plants down. I sure hope they pick thir self up.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top