Boboro's 2013 grow log.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boboro

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2011
Messages
4,530
Points
83
Location
Wren Mississippi
HAHH ! Stems dryin and leaf turnin brown. Ive seen some very low RH. But I got leaf curein out bueataful. Makes me want to kick the shed!
 

Boboro

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2011
Messages
4,530
Points
83
Location
Wren Mississippi
A'll keep firein the heater till the weekend. I think Ill be able to clean out the shed and fill it back up with the up stairs leaf.
 

Boboro

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2011
Messages
4,530
Points
83
Location
Wren Mississippi
Cut some dry limbs up yesterday, some barely if the heater. The leaf was in low case this mornin. fired the heater with hickory chair arms. they burn for about 1 hr. an give off a lot of heat.Took the water off the heater. 80% RH and 76F.
 

workhorse_01

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2012
Messages
1,959
Points
0
Location
Waycross,Ga.
Told ya about the RH. Good job! Hey what about taking that flue off on the last barn full this year, and do a fire cure with that hickory?
HAHH ! Stems dryin and leaf turnin brown. Ive seen some very low RH. But I got leaf curein out bueataful. Makes me want to kick the shed!
 

DGBAMA

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2013
Messages
4,418
Points
63
Location
NORTH ALABAMA
Lookin good. Is the tops staying completely green until last typical of stalk hanging? As a first year guy I would be worried to death about that.
 

Boboro

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2011
Messages
4,530
Points
83
Location
Wren Mississippi
Yea, they can be a pain in the ass.Most will turn yellow in time. I just pick around them and they change in time. Beer helps when you lookin at em.
 

Knucklehead

Moderator
Founding Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2012
Messages
12,777
Points
113
Location
NE Alabama
Yea, they can be a pain in the ass.Most will turn yellow in time. I just pick around them and they change in time. Beer helps when you lookin at em.

LOL. I like that heater. Where did you end up buying it? can you make coffee on top of it?
 

spencerpearson

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2013
Messages
97
Points
0
Location
mississippi
Yeah that heater is nice looking I think I am still going to buy a pot belly stove heater for my shop and will dry mine in there. But the shop is next yr project. Oh update from today. Just started back on tractor had to pull head off but got valves unstuck. And wire brushed everything the old man rebuilt it before he let it set up. So all I need is piston rings and head gasket. yeah....
 

johnlee1933

Moderator
Founding Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2011
Messages
3,970
Points
0
Location
Near Danbury, CT
Just giggle up tent heater. It slow boils water but I try not to get it to hot. I think it will burn out in a few years if I don't run it glowin.
You can buy split fire brick (dimensions -- 4" X 8" X 1 3/8") pretty cheap. Laid in the bottom and part way up the sides plus two or three on the back are a very effective stove liner and will extent the life of the stove a long while. You can also use ceramic cement but it doesn't hold up nearly as well. Hope this helps.

John
 

Boboro

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2011
Messages
4,530
Points
83
Location
Wren Mississippi
Its very small and round. The space they would take up makes it inpraticie. If it works well Ill look for a better heater. This one was a 911.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top